Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "cris.moreira" <cr...@mailserver.travelnet.com.br> on 2002/12/04 12:20:35 UTC

Different appBase for more virtual hosts

Hello. I'd like to know, or if you have some server.xml example to show me,
how can I configure more than one Virtual Host in Tomcat, and each host
pointing to a different directory of webapps. I know that I must set up the
parameter "appBase" in the tag <Host...></Host>, but can I have more than
one <host...> inside an <Engine> or must I create another <Service> of it?
Thanks a lot.

Re: Different appBase for more virtual hosts

Posted by Cristiano Silva <cr...@lecom.com.br>.
Yes, thank you Andoni, but how can I configure it? May I have various
<host...></host> inside the <Engine...></Engine>, or must I create a new
service tag only for the new host (again, with a different directory base)?
Thanks.

Em Qua 04 Dez 2002 09:26, Andoni escreveu:
> You can have as many hosts as you like in an engine.
>
> Andoni.

Cristiano Moreira Silva
Lecom S/A - Liderança Estratégica em Comunicação Digital
WebDeveloper - Tecnologia
http://www.lecom.com.br
cristiano.silva@lecom.com.br

Re: Different appBase for more virtual hosts

Posted by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie>.

Posted by Rasputin <ra...@idoru.mine.nu>.
* cris.moreira <cr...@mailserver.travelnet.com.br> [1220 11:20]:

> Hello. I'd like to know, or if you have some server.xml example to show me,
> how can I configure more than one Virtual Host in Tomcat, and each host
> pointing to a different directory of webapps.

Normally when you define appBase, that defines a new direcotry like webapps,
i.e. if you have an appBase of 'foo', in a host 'foo.com' then requests to

'foo.com/test' get sent to the webapp in $CATALINA_BASE/foo/test/

> I know that I must set up the
> parameter "appBase" in the tag <Host...></Host>, but can I have more than
> one <host...> inside an <Engine> or must I create another <Service> of it?

Multiple Hosts can share an Engine, yes.

RE: Different appBase for more virtual hosts

Posted by Alberto Puerta <ap...@renr.es>.
 That's an idea, al inside an engine

      <Host name="diarioinformacion.pruebaapache.renr.es" debug="0"
appBase="webappsInformacion"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

        <Context path="" docBase="diarioinformacion" debug="0">
                     prefix="diarioInformacion." suffix=".txt"
        	  timestamp="true"/>
        </Context>

      </Host>

      <Host name="zamora.pruebaapache.renr.es" debug="0"
appBase="webappsZamora"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

        <Context path="" docBase="laopiniondezamora" debug="0">
                     prefix="laopiniondeZamora." suffix=".txt"
        	  timestamp="true"/>
        </Context>

      </Host>

 Two different hosts in different directories.

Administracion de Sistemas

admin@renr.es
http://www.renr.es <http://www.renr.es/>
Tel: 96.598.71.85 - Fax: 96.592.43.12