Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2004/03/04 12:26:48 UTC

[OT?] File upload weirdness on MacOSX

Hi all,

This is a bit OT, but I encountered some problems with file uploads on
MacOSX, using the woody upload sample
(http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/upload):

- with Safari, no upload happens at all! I checked the incoming stream,
and the file input is simply not sent.

- with Mozilla, accented letters in filenames are sent as the unaccented
letter followed by the accent as an XML entity (e.g. "é" is sent as
"e&#769;", 769 being the unicode for "combining acute accent"). Is this
notation allowed by the http RFC??

Weird...

Any hints?

Sylvain

Re: [OT?] File upload weirdness on MacOSX

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 4 Mar 2004, at 11:26, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a bit OT, but I encountered some problems with file uploads on
> MacOSX, using the woody upload sample
> (http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/upload):
>
> - with Safari, no upload happens at all! I checked the incoming
> stream, and the file input is simply not sent.
>
> - with Mozilla, accented letters in filenames are sent as the
> unaccented letter followed by the accent as an XML entity (e.g. "é" is
> sent as "e&#769;", 769 being the unicode for "combining acute
> accent"). Is this notation allowed by the http RFC??
>
> Weird...
>
> Any hints?

I know ... I am way behind with this list !!!

I just tried the Woody Upload sample with cocoon 2.1.4, and it appeared
to work correctly (it showed the uploaded document on the 'success'
screen). I uploaded the file :
	file://localhost/Users/jerm/Development/Libs/Apache/cocoon-2.1.4/
CREDITS.txt

Have not tested Mozilla.

HTH

regards Jeremy