Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Piraccini Marco <Ma...@formula.it> on 2000/05/08 10:19:08 UTC

ApacheSSL + Tomcat

Re: Running on NT vs Unix - How to tell

Posted by Steve Weiss <sw...@aamc.org>.
I'm not sure off the top of my head about the OS, but as far as "/" vs
"\", see the docs for java.io.File. It has path separator static member
variables that you can (should) use for platform independance.

-Steve

Chris Howard wrote:

> Is there a way I can tell what platform Tomcat is running on.  I'm having to
> build directory structures based on where the JSP is running from and I need
> to know weather to use "\" or "/" and weather I need a drive specified "C:",
> "D:" etc....
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Steve Weiss      Association of American Medical Colleges
(202)828-0428    mailto:sweiss@aamc.org    http://www.aamc.org

Running on NT vs Unix - How to tell

Re: ApacheSSL + Tomcat

Posted by Brian Seery <bs...@esatclear.ie>.
For SSL to be configured properly you have to go through port 443.....

so try https://localhost:443/examples/servlets

you will have to change this in your httpd.conf file in the apache tree
ie....

# Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
# ports, in addition to the default. See also the <VirtualHost>
# directive.
#
Listen 443

Regrads