Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ha...@txcorp.com on 2008/07/07 17:38:44 UTC

/usr/bin/svnnotify - Fedora Core 9

We recently installed FC9 on our svn server.

To install subversion, we installed the following FC9 rpms:
subversion-1.4.6-7.x86_64
subversion-perl-1.4.6-7.x86_64

Then from cpan,
cpan[9]> install SVN:Notify
Running install for module 'SVN::Notify'

The file /usr/bin/svnnotify is not installed, and I haven't
been able to find out how to get it.

These are the binaries installed by the subversion rpm:

[root@volt Install]# rpm -ql subversion
/etc/subversion
/usr/bin/svn
/usr/bin/svnadmin
/usr/bin/svndumpfilter
/usr/bin/svnlook
/usr/bin/svnserve
/usr/bin/svnsync
/usr/bin/svnversion

Can someone give me any help in finding out how to install
/usr/bin/svnnotify?  All our post-commit hooks are failing.

Thanks in advance < Anne Hammond

Re: /usr/bin/svnnotify - Fedora Core 9

Posted by John Peacock <jo...@havurah-software.org>.
hammond@txcorp.com wrote:
> Then from cpan,
> cpan[9]> install SVN:Notify
> Running install for module 'SVN::Notify'
>
> The file /usr/bin/svnnotify is not installed, and I haven't
> been able to find out how to get it.

svnnotify is a script installed as part of the SVN::Notify installation;
it has nothing to do with Subversion /per se/.  Can you confirm that
CPAN was successful in installing SVN::Notify?  You should open a ticket
with the author of that module directly for support; this is a list for
Subversion itself...

John