Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/16 10:20:13 UTC

First Hops page update

Hi all,

I wanted to know about the First Hops page [1], it looks kinda outdated.

I have some suggestions for it updating it:
 - can we update the JR dependency to a more recent release?
 - from the second hop example: new SimpleCredentials("username",
"password".toCharArray()). this does not work, it should be admin/admin
 - the third hop has had a TODO on it for a long time :)
 - can we put this on SVN somewhere? to be able to checkout a working hops
example - I'm not sure if this doesn't already exist. this way we could add
more hops to the mix, turn in into a more marathon like examples page.
 - can we link at the end to the wiki (to the examples or links page)

I know there are some code examples on the wiki too [2], just bits and
pieces, nothing that you can checkout and play with.

I've also found this [3], a gsoc jackrabbit demo project, but the last
commit seems to be Aug 2007, is anybody still maintaining that?

what do you think?

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/first-hops.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage
[3] http://code.google.com/p/jackrabbit-jcr-demo/

thanks,
alex

Re: First Hops page update

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've created a new issue [1] I'll attach the changes to the page soon.

@Alex I've updated the issue you've started with a page draft [2]. Let me
know what you think.
Do you think I we should move the Articles discussion to a different thread?
maybe somebody else has some articles to include that are good for a JR
beginner.

Also, nobody said anything about the gsoc jackrabbit demo project [3] is
that still something interesting to update, or not?
Jukka, your name is on the members list :) What are your thoughts about this
project?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRSITE-30
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRSITE-2
[3] http://code.google.com/p/jackrabbit-jcr-demo/

thanks,
alex

Re: First Hops page update

Posted by Mark Phillips <ma...@mophilly.com>.

Re: First Hops page update

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.
On 16.02.11 10:20, "Alex Parvulescu" <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I wanted to know about the First Hops page [1], it looks kinda outdated.
>
>I have some suggestions for it updating it:
> - can we update the JR dependency to a more recent release?
> - from the second hop example: new SimpleCredentials("username",
>"password".toCharArray()). this does not work, it should be admin/admin
> - the third hop has had a TODO on it for a long time :)
> - can we put this on SVN somewhere? to be able to checkout a working hops
>example - I'm not sure if this doesn't already exist. this way we could
>add
>more hops to the mix, turn in into a more marathon like examples page.
> - can we link at the end to the wiki (to the examples or links page)

+1 to everything

See also the related https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRSITE-2 to
which I never got to (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRSITE is the
jira component for tracking site, parent pom & other global project stuff).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek