Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rashid Jilani <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/16 16:40:14 UTC

Maven ant task is not working behind the proxy

Hi: gurus I am trying to use the Maven ant task (
http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/index.html) behind the proxy but it is not
working. First of all I am not sure how the maven ant task picks the proxies
settings.

1. Does it go to local maven installation and pick the settings.xml ? or
maven-ant-tasks-2.1.3.jar contains the maven implementation itself. My guess
is that maven-ant-tasks-2.1.3.jar is all you need to run Maven ant task? can
some please confirms?

2. I already set both ant_opts as well as java_opts for the proxy setting
but no luck.

3. I can run the maven ant task from the same machine with out any issues in
environment with out the proxies.

4. I can run default Maven and all other software behind proxy with out any
issue, so I am sure my proxy setting has no issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
RJ.

Re: Maven ant task is not working behind the proxy

Posted by Rafael Vanderlei <ra...@gmail.com>.
Do your ant tasks require internet access? I use maven ant tasks to build my
project and I run it under proxies, but I don't have any problems. But, in
my case, my ant tasks access only local sources.

Posted by Rashid Jilani <ra...@gmail.com>.
I have settings.xml file under ./m2 directory as well as maven conf
directory (in case), but it doesn't work for me.  But I am glad I have found
a way and that is working for me. It looks like I have to use settingsFile
attributes and point it to a settings.xml file in the artifact:dependencies
element, see below

<artifact:dependencies filesetId="dependency.fileset" pomRefId="mypom"
settingsFile="./apache-maven-2.2.1/conf/settings.xml" />

Regards,
RJ.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.