Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Krishna Chandra Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 16:42:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 error

Hi All,

I'm getting the below error in apache error logs.

[Sun Feb 10 15:06:18 2013] [notice] child pid 20892 exit signal Bus error
(7)
[Mon Feb 11 21:45:01 2013] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

Let me know, how can i fix it.

Regards,
Krishna

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 error

Posted by Ben Johnson <be...@indietorrent.org>.

On 2/21/2013 9:08 AM, Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Yes, this is my own dedicated server from big brand. It's a virtual server.
>
> Krishna

Unfortunately, you're probably on your own, then. Most dedicated-virtual
providers don't provide support for "software issues". But, this may be
a hardware issue.

What is the OS? What version of Apache? How did you acquire and install
Apache? Through a package manager, or did you compile and install manually?

You might try a different version of Apache. If the same error occurs,
then that gives you more ammo to throw at your host.

-Ben

Posted by Krishna Chandra Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ben,

Posted by Ben Johnson <be...@indietorrent.org>.

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
On 21/02/2013 2:43 AM, "Krishna Chandra Prajapati" <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting the below error in apache error logs.
>
> [Sun Feb 10 15:06:18 2013] [notice] child pid 20892 exit signal Bus error
(7)
> [Mon Feb 11 21:45:01 2013] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
>
> Let me know, how can i fix it.

Is this affecting the performance? Do the clients get errors? Which mpm r
you using, what os is this and what apache version?
If this is happening all the time you can run apache with strace and save
the output in a file and then debug.
This file can grow pretty fast so keep an eye on it.
Also would recommend you run apache with bare minimum of moduls loaded so
comment out those you dont need.