Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net> on 2003/07/07 01:36:43 UTC

All scratchpad code migrated to FOM

I just modified the remainder of the scratchpad code including PetStore
and JXForms to use the FOM. I also implemented the FOM WebContinuation.
However, in order not to break anyone immediately who may be using them,
I haven't yet modified the JXTemplateGenerator and FlowVelocityGenerator
to use the FOM. The XMLForm, Woody, and Linotype blocks will still need
to be modified before we can blast the old flow implementation. In
addition, the core Flowscript samples and documentation will need to be
updated.

Regards,

Chris

Re: JXTemplate* and FOM moved to core

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 8/07/2003 8:03 Christopher Oliver wrote:

> I've moved the FOM implementation and JXTemplate* to the core. For now
> I've left the original flow implementation in place as a second
> interpreter, so Woody, Linotype, XMLForm, and the Flow samples will
> continue to work without change until we can migrate them. Petstore,
> JXForms, and Garbage are still in the scratchpad but have been updated
> to use FOM. For the moment, the new FOM interpreter is called
> "javascript", and the original interpreter is still called "JavaScript".
>
> To me the most important next step is to update the documentation, so
> that's what I'll try to do when I have time.

Thanks, Chris!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: JXTemplate* and FOM moved to core (was: Re: All scratchpad code migrated to FOM)

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
From: Christopher Oliver

> I've moved the FOM implementation and JXTemplate* to the
> core. For now
> I've left the original flow implementation in place as a second
> interpreter, so Woody, Linotype, XMLForm, and the Flow samples will
> continue to work without change until we can migrate them. Petstore,
> JXForms, and Garbage are still in the scratchpad but have
> been updated
> to use FOM. For the moment, the new FOM interpreter is called
> "javascript", and the original interpreter is still called
> "JavaScript".

Sounds good!

> To me the most important next step is to update the documentation, so
> that's what I'll try to do when I have time.

Okay.
I going to help on Thursday and on Friday with documentation and
changes to FOM to make everything ready for beta release.

Regards,
Reinhard

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
From: Christopher Oliver

Re: Fixing module confusion (was Re: All scratchpad code migrated

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
On 9 Jul 2003 at 15:25, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Ok, thanks - will do.  I'll make a README.txt and send it with the
> request.

Or email Pier directly, and he can do it...

[He did offer, and said he won't be reading the list for a few weeks].

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Fixing module confusion (was Re: All scratchpad code migrated to FOM)

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Ok, thanks - will do.  I'll make a README.txt and send it with the request.

Geoff

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Geoff Howard wrote:

> We discussed this reoccuring problem recently and there was a sort of
> consensus (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105623361100002&r=1&w=2) to
> remove the link which currently exists from xml-cocoon2 to the
> "historical" cocoon module and in its place create a real module at
> xml-cocoon2 which contains only one README.txt containing an
> explanation of the real module names.
>
> I don't think I have the karma to do this myself without intervention
> or I would have done it by now.  Does this have to go through
> infrastructure or is there someone here who can do that?

Only cvsadmin can do this:

drwxrwxr-x  189 root      cvsadmin    4608 Jul  2 00:58 ./
lrwxrwxr-x  1 pier  cvsadmin  19 Feb 26 18:23 xml-cocoon2@ ->
cocoon-2-historical

Please send a request to the infrastructure team.

Vadim

Fixing module confusion (was Re: All scratchpad code migrated to FOM)

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

Posted by Jacob L E Blain Christen <ja...@entheal.com>.

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Jacob L E Blain Christen <ja...@entheal.com>.