Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by pl...@lanminds.com on 2002/12/13 17:50:10 UTC

not checking out subdirs of a repo?

Hi,

I have a repo I'd like to check out, but only want a top level
directory of that repo as a wc.  Is there a way to specify only give
me the top directory and it's contents, but not any other subdirs?

For example, given the following:

	/path/to/repo/
			dir1
			dir2
			dir3
			dir4
			dir5
			file1.txt
			file2.txt
			file3.txt
			file4.txt
			file5.txt

I want to check out /path/to/repo/file?.txt, but not dir*.  Is there
anyway to do that?

Seeya,
Paul

Re: not checking out subdirs of a repo?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
pll@lanminds.com writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a repo I'd like to check out, but only want a top level
> directory of that repo as a wc.  Is there a way to specify only give
> me the top directory and it's contents, but not any other subdirs?

'svn co --nonrecursive', or 'svn co -N'

I believe that this feature is a bit buggy right now, however.  I
think we have an issue filed about it.  We don't have a well-defined
set of behaviors about how subsequent subcommands should treat such a
working copy.