Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hamza Hydri <ha...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/18 15:04:00 UTC

Problem in viewing Developer Activity Report

Hi,

I am having a small glitch here ... maven is successfully building the
project and generating the reports.

but the developer activity report is just a blank with no details of
the actions taken by the developers. do I have to make any changes in
my project.xml file ?

is there a possibility of linking to the CVS users thru maven and
getting their activity details. ? (I mean the authors of the codes,
changes made by them etc.)

any hints or suggestions ?

thanx in advance

Re: Problem in viewing Developer Activity Report

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Hamza Hydri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a small glitch here ... maven is successfully building the
> project and generating the reports.
>
> but the developer activity report is just a blank with no details of
> the actions taken by the developers. do I have to make any changes in
> my project.xml file ?

Probably, but I don't know what you got in there right now :)
What does it say in the top of the page?
It should say something like

	Timeframe: 30 days, Total Commits: 3 Total Number of Files Changed: 105

If Total Commits is 0, then the page will be empty.

> is there a possibility of linking to the CVS users thru maven and
> getting their activity details. ? (I mean the authors of the codes,
> changes made by them etc.)

You have a few things to set up:

- the developers:
	<developers>
		<developer>
			<name>Developer's name</name>
			<id>cvs/svn username</id>
			<email>....</email>
		</developer>
	</developers>

Further, you have to define the repository.
For subversion for example:

	<repository>
		<connection>scm:svn:ignored:svn-server-name:/:repository</connection>
		<!-- works for me.. -->
	</repository>

	(if you use subversion, also provide:
		maven.changelog.factory=org.apache.maven.svnlib.SvnChangeLogFactory
	in project.properties)

You can also check
~/.maven/cache/maven-deceloper-activity-plugin-1.5.1/plugin.jelly
to see how it works..

> any hints or suggestions ?

See above.. ;)

> thanx in advance