Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com> on 2001/04/09 21:24:22 UTC

Session awareness

Under apache-soap 2.0 I made some changes that allowed
me to get the JSESSIONID cookie after a SOAP call, save it,
and then return it on a subsequent call that was part of the same
logical session.

To accomplish the above, I made modifications to Call.java and Response.java to get and set headers
which were accessible in SOAPHTTPConnection. This made the following algorithm possible:

1) build and send Call
2) when Call returns, get http response headers, find and save session cookie
3) build and send next Call, set saved cookie session id
4) when Call sends via SOAPHTTPConnection it passes in http request headers that contain session id.

The above approach has worked quite well .

I recently downloaded apache-soap 2.1 and I find that I need to make modifications
to accomplish the same thing. Does the approach I took under 2.0 still make sense
for the 2.1 architecture? How are others accomplishing this?

thanks.

I need some advise, please help

Posted by Naggi Rao <na...@softhome.net>.
Hello ll,
I am in a project where in we might require to send the o/p of a jsp
(rendered HTML ) as a CDATA in the SOAP XML.
I was wondering if it were a good idea to either modify or extend the
RPCServlet such that for a jsp programmer everything seemed transparent..
I woudl really appreciate if any of you could comment on this..
Specially the Apache boys.
Have a great day
Naggi

Re: Session awareness

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
And also look for the note I posted explaining the changes to enable
session awareness. There's a remaining to-do to turn on session
maintainenace by default.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.

Re: Session awareness