Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/08/16 19:26:50 UTC

geronimo-naming tests failing on trunk...

Anyone know what's up with this:

<snip>
-------
Test set: org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBindingTest
-------
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.876
sec <<< FAILURE!
testBasics(org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBindingTest)  Time
elapsed: 0.846 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: list of writable on <root> for
value for ds
expected:<or...@27e4be>
but was:<or...@1a7aa4>
         at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:282)
         at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.AbstractContextTest.assertListResults
(AbstractContextTest.java:137)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.AbstractContextTest.assertList
(AbstractContextTest.java:109)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.AbstractContextTest.assertEq
(AbstractContextTest.java:74)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.AbstractContextTest.assertEq
(AbstractContextTest.java:39)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBindingTest.testBasics
(GBeanBindingTest.java:58)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBindingTest.testBasics
(GBeanBindingTest.java:58)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute
(JUnitTestSet.java:213)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSe
t(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute
(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess
(SurefireBooter.java:290)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main
(SurefireBooter.java:818)
</snip>

--jason

Re: geronimo-naming tests failing on trunk...

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Thanks!

-Donald

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Me too. Thanks Jarek/David !!

Jason Dillon wrote:
> Yay... much happier now :-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> --jason
>

> On Aug 16, 2007, at 8:03 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>
>> The test should be fixed now (and it also works nicely on IBM JDK now
>> too).
>>
>> The GBeanBinding.addBinding() method only binds stuff into the JNDI
>> context on the first call. The way the test was setup, it was called
>> multiple times for one binding. Therefore, the order in which
>> addBinding() was called really mattered. The order was affected by
>> different JDK implementation or the HashMap to LinkedHashMap change.
>>
>> I fixed the test by ensuring the addBinding() is called once per each
>> GBeanBinding.
>>
>> Jarek
>>
>> On 8/16/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> The reason I suspect that the test is wrong is that the LinkedHashMap
>>> doesn't have anything to do with the xbean naming implementation that
>>> is behind the javax.naming.Context.  While it's possible that there's
>>> a giant bug in xbean-naming I think it's more likely that the test is
>>> not testing quite what we think it is.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

Tim McConnell

Re: geronimo-naming tests failing on trunk...

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Yay... much happier now :-)

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Oh, there was discussion on this already?  My delete key must have
been hungry...

Kay, just wondering.  I was going to update the build to use surefire
2.3, which has a nice capture output to files feature to prevent all
those evil exceptions and other cruft from cluttering up the build
log...

But it also has some other cl wrinkles and I wanted to... ya know try
a build before I changed it ;-)

Hopefully someone can fix this build problem... er... soonish?

--jason

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.