Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Marc Harris <mh...@jumptap.com> on 2008/01/24 21:29:48 UTC

conf files needed by a java client

Does an hbase client java application just need a correctly configured
hbase-site.xml or does it need a hadoop-site.xml as well? By client
application I mean not a map-reduce job but something similar to the
sample application on the hbase FAQ page
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ#1

Thanks,
- Marc

Re: conf files needed by a java client

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Yes, unless you copy all of your hadoop-site.xml to hbase-site.xml.
Hbase on startup -- server or client -- will add $HBASE_CONF_DIR and
$HADOOP_CONF_DIR to its CLASSPATH. Any hadoop-*xml and hbase-*.xml
configuration files found therein will be loaded.  Hbase then uses such
as the hadoop conf fs.default.name to figure what filesystem to write
to, etc.

St.Ack