Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Burrus <bu...@swbell.net> on 2006/12/07 04:35:24 UTC

[users@httpd] apache port num. problem

Can someone/somebody pz tell me why I keep on getting this server error
when I try to activate apache 2.2? :

 "(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
address/port)
is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address
127.0.0.1:8001
Unable to open logs"

 thanx to anyone who can help me.

Re: [users@httpd] apache port num. problem

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 07:35 PM 12/6/2006, you wrote:
>Can someone/somebody pz tell me why I keep on getting this server
>error when I try to activate apache 2.2? :
>
>  "(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
> address/port)
>is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 127.0.0.1:8001
>no listening sockets available, shutting down
>Unable to open logs"
>
>  thanx to anyone who can help me.

I could be wrong, but I believe you have something else running on port 8001.

try
telnet localhost 8001

and see what you get.