Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be> on 2003/03/11 09:43:06 UTC

Generator for OpenOffice

Anyone who knows whether there's a generator for OpenOffice files ?

Kind regards,
Yves Vindevogel

Re: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Alexandru COSTIN <ac...@interakt.ro>.
	Hello,
	You should check www.axkit.com for an Open Office XSL filter (AxKit is
a Perl version of Cocoon)
	However, I don't know if this is free.

				Alexandru
On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 10:43, Yves Vindevogel wrote:
> Anyone who knows whether there's a generator for OpenOffice files ?
>
> Kind regards,
> Yves Vindevogel

Alexandru COSTIN
Chief Operating Officer
http://www.interakt.ro/
+4021 411 2610

Re: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
There's no OpenOffice specific generator in the dist currently, if that's
what you're asking.  There may be others out there who have developed one
and have not added it to the core of cocoon...?

Geoff

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
> I've taken your suggestion and implemented an example:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=JarProtocolExample

Great! Could be useful!

Upayavira

Re: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
An entity catalog is a way of mapping external references (e.g. references to
DTDs) to local copies of those entities. So, by using an entity catalog, you can tell
Cocoon where it should look for the Office DTDs.

On 13 Mar 2003 at 10:39, Yves Vindevogel wrote:

> I now edited the cocoon.xconf file with this entry
>   <entity-resolver
>   class="org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.ResolverImpl"
> logger="core.resolver">
>    <parameter name="catalog" value="/implements/dtd"/>
>    <parameter name="verbosity" value="1"/>
>   </entity-resolver>

No, not quite. The catalog entry previously referred to /resources/entity/catalog I
believe. Put that back to how it was. Then edit the file called 'catalog' within the
resources/entity folder in your Cocoon webapp.

Add these lines somewhere in the file:

-- Open Office DTDs --
PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD OfficeDocument 1.0//EN" "office.dtd"
PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD Manifest 1.0//EN" "Manifest.dtd"

Put the office.dtd and the manifest.dtd into the same folder as the catalog file.

Restart Tomcat, just to be sure.

And try again.

I've no idea if this'll work. I've never tried it. But it is worth a go, and would help a
lot of people if it does!

Keep me posted.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be> writes:

> I don't know what does entity catalogs are for, to be honest ....
> But okay, this is my situation

At the OSCOM Sprint in Zuerich me and a couple of guys worked on
integration of OpenOffice with Lenya (the CMS based on Cocoon). We
were quite successful in that we can now simply drop any sxw file in a
webfolder from where it is uploaded via WebDAV, transformed and
aggregated and finally served by Lenya/Cocoon.

A detailed description on how to set it up is in Lenya CVS
(http://cvs.wyona.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/lenya/src/webapp/lenya/pubs/docs/content/live/openoffice.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup).

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.
I don't know what does entity catalogs are for, to be honest ....
But okay, this is my situation

I put the cocoon.war in the tomcat webapps folder, resulting in a new folder
"cocoon".  heheh ;-))
In my original sitemap, I mounted some extra sitemaps, one for every client
cocoon web, so, I mounted the "Implements" web, under http://web/implements
(web is the name of my development server)

I now edited the cocoon.xconf file with this entry
  <entity-resolver class="org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.ResolverImpl"
logger="core.resolver">
   <parameter name="catalog" value="/implements/dtd"/>
   <parameter name="verbosity" value="1"/>
  </entity-resolver>

Is it that what you mean ??

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.
Ha, you're one step closer to the solution.
If you want a quick solution: here it is :

Open the /resources/entities/office.dtd file
Remove all the entries from it, making it a completely empty file

Retry, and it will work !!

I got to that point yesterday too ...
But now I'm in the <map:aggregate> to get the multiple entries out again, and
I have new errors.

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru>.
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:29:42 +0100
Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be> wrote:

> Yury,
>
> I've been searching on this problem for some days now.  And I'm close to
> finding a solution.
>
> Problem is that the jar: protocol doesn't talk to cocoon, you must include
> real path names.
>
> Upayavira, somebody on this group, gave me a hint to this problem.  You must
> include the dtd in your resourses/entities and add some lines to your catalog
> file
>
> -- this is the default OASIS catalog for Apache Cocoon --
>
> OVERRIDE YES
>
> -- Open Office DTDs --
> PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD OfficeDocument 1.0//EN" "office.dtd"
> PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD Manifest 1.0//EN" "Manifest.dtd"
>

> I then had the problem solved with the DTD in the wrong place, but I got other
> errors.   I'm now correcting them.  I got it working once, with a testfile,
> but I got new errors with other files.  Now looking into them.
>
> I hope to have a method this in half a day.  And I will post it then, off
> course.....
>

> > But I get the another error:
> > Exception during processing of
> > jar:http://localhost/implements/sxw/test.sxw!/content.xml
> > java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> > JAR entry office.dtd not found in
> > /usr/local/jakarta/catalina-4.1.12/temp/jar_cache50849.tmp
> >
> > Why cocoon seek the DTD in the another way in my case?

Thanks for your help, Yves. You right, I got other errors also, like:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: A '(' character or an element type is required in the declaration of element type "draw:text-box".

Also, I put the following files into the resourses/entities:
chart.mod     drawing.mod  form.mod  nmspace.mod  script.mod    style.mod  text.mod
datastyl.mod  dtypes.mod   meta.mod  office.mod   settings.mod  table.mod

--

Best regards,
Yury Mikhienko.

Re: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.
Yury,

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru>.

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.

> Can you please post your pipelines and the error you receive?

My directories:
http://web/implements  contains
	/dtd with office.dtd
	/sxw with my sxw file

This is the complete pipeline

                <map:pipeline>
                        <map:match pattern="test/*/**.xml">
                                <map:generate
src="jar:http://web/implements/sxw/{1}!/{2}.xml"/>
                                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
                        </map:match>
                        <map:match pattern="sxw/*/office.dtd">
                                <map:read
src="jar:http://web/implements/dtd/office.dtd" mime-type="text/plain"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="*.zip">
                                <map:read src="{1}.zip"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="sxw/*.sxw">
                                <map:read src="sxw/{1}.sxw"
mime-type="application/zip"/>
                        </map:match>

                </map:pipeline>

The error

message File "jar:http://web/implements/sxw/testfile.sxw!/office.dtd" not
found.

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File
"jar:http://web/implements/sxw/testfile.sxw!/office.dtd" not found.

sender

It's the jar thing that wonders me.  I think the jar: protocol does not use
the pipelines to retrieve the DTD file.

Re: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.
Oops, my mistake
This should be the correct pipelines, with the same error

                        <map:match pattern="test/*/**.xml">
                                <map:generate
src="jar:http://web/implements/sxw/{1}!/{2}.xml"/>
                                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
                        </map:match>
                        <map:match pattern="sxw/*/office.dtd">
                                <map:read src="dtd/office.dtd"
mime-type="text/plain"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="*.zip">
                                <map:read src="{1}.zip"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="sxw/*.sxw">
                                <map:read src="sxw/{1}.sxw"
mime-type="application/zip"/>
                        </map:match>

RE: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Conal Tuohy <co...@paradise.net.nz>.
> Well,
>
> That's the problem.
>
> The SXW file does not contain any DTD itself.  They are all
> on my hard drive,
> from the installation of OpenOffice, but not in the files themselves.

So your pipeline should read the OpenOffice files from somewhere else.

<map:match pattern="test/*/**.dtd">
 <map:read src="open-office-dtd/{2}.dtd" mime-type="text/plain"/>
</map:match>

> When I tried to add the DTD to my webdirectories and created
> pipelines for
> them, I still got the error that the Jar: protocol could not
> find anything
> within the zip.  Appearantly, that protocol does not match
> itself again
> against the pipelines ...

I think this is the same as I suggested above ... what happens?

Can you please post your pipelines and the error you receive?

Thanks

Con

Re: Generator for OpenOffice

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.
Well,

That's the problem.

The SXW file does not contain any DTD itself.  They are all on my hard drive,
from the installation of OpenOffice, but not in the files themselves.

When I manually add all the DTDs (there are several) to the Zipped file, it
works (at least, it gives another error in a DTD).  But that is not really
the solution.  I cannot manually add all the files to my OpenOffice files.

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.
Hi all,

I tested your suggestions and this is what I have ...

                <map:pipeline>
                        <map:match pattern="test/*/**.xml">
                                <map:read
src="jar:http://web/implements/{1}!/{2}.xml" mime-type="text/xml"/>
                        </map:match>
                </map:pipeline>

                <map:pipeline>
                        <map:match pattern="*.zip">
                                <map:read src="{1}.zip"/>
                        </map:match>
                        <map:match pattern="*.sxw">
                                <map:read src="{1}.sxw"
mime-type="application/zip"/>
                        </map:match>
                </map:pipeline>

This works !!   I get to see the XML in my browser.
HOWEVER ...

When I replace the <map:read> with <map:generate> for the content.xml within
my file, Cocoon give me an error.

message File "jar:http://web/implements/test.sxw!/office.dtd" not found.

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File
"jar:http://web/implements/test.sxw!/office.dtd" not found.

When I open up the file with Ark, the DTD is indeed not in the file, but for
generation within cocoon, it seems to have to be there ....

Now, how can I bypass that, how can I tell cocoon to generate the file without
parsing it with the DTD ??

Any help would be appreciated

Posted by Conal Tuohy <co...@paradise.net.nz>.
Good point, Upayavira!

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
> Basically, it's the ZipGenerator I need with some extras, but before
> writing the code myself, I was wondering whether someone had done it
> before me.

Asking a similar question, I pointed someone at an example in the Langham/Ziegler
book (a zip source). Someone else then made a point that the jar: protocol, built into
the JDK, can read Zip files. So check out the accessing files with jar: in the JDK and
let us know where you get to!

Hope this helps.

Upayavira

Re: Generator for OpenOffice