Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wo...@AtosOrigin.com on 2008/09/05 08:50:00 UTC

from workaround to workaround 2

Hi,

This is the second part of: how accessing properties from settings in test classes?

Second idea: I found the properties-maven-plugin which has a goal that writes all settings properties into a file. Fine, that's what I need. However, this plugin is not on the rep01.maven server but only on a codehaus server. So I defined an additional repository:

   <pluginRepositories>

      <pluginRepository>

         <id>codehaus</id>

         <name>codehaus Repository for plugins</name>

         <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>

         <layout>default</layout>

      </pluginRepository>

   </pluginRepositories>

However, Maven was not able to download the plugin. It ignores the pluginRepository and searches only on central. Why defining a pluginRepository when it is not used by Maven?

Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards

Wolfgang Winter

System Analyst

AW: from workaround to workaround 2

Posted by Wo...@AtosOrigin.com.
> Second idea: I found the properties-maven-plugin which has a goal that
writes all settings properties into a file. Fine, that's what I need.
However, this plugin is not on the rep01.maven server but only on a
codehaus server. So I defined an additional repository:

No need to use that plugin. You can use the maven-resources-plugin for
the same. See

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/filter.h
tml

[Winter, Wolfgang] Hi Jochen, please see my mail from workaround to
workaround 1: I did not succeed in filtering TEST/resources

Re: from workaround to workaround 2

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

 -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)

On Friday 05 September 2008 Wolfgang.Winter@atosorigin.com wrote:
>    <pluginRepositories>
>
>       <pluginRepository>
>
>          <id>codehaus</id>
>
>          <name>codehaus Repository for plugins</name>
>
>          <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>
>
>          <layout>default</layout>
>
>       </pluginRepository>
>
>    </pluginRepositories>
>

> However, Maven was not able to download the plugin. It ignores the
> pluginRepository and searches only on central. Why defining a
> pluginRepository when it is not used by Maven?

What version of the plugin are you using? If it's a SNAPSHOT, you have
enabled snapshots in your repository configuration by adding

  <snapshots>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
  </snapshots>

If it's not a SNAPSHOT, you are using the wrong repository.

hth,
- martin

[Winter, Wolfgang] yes, Martin, it is a snapshot, so maybe that's the
reason. However, for my taste there is too much special knowledge
necessary for a simple task which could be more intuitive. But I do not
change now anything. You know: never change a running system :-)

Re: from workaround to workaround 2

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Friday 05 September 2008 Wolfgang.Winter@atosorigin.com wrote:
>    <pluginRepositories>
>
>       <pluginRepository>
>
>          <id>codehaus</id>
>
>          <name>codehaus Repository for plugins</name>
>
>          <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>
>
>          <layout>default</layout>
>
>       </pluginRepository>
>
>    </pluginRepositories>
>

> However, Maven was not able to download the plugin. It ignores the
> pluginRepository and searches only on central. Why defining a
> pluginRepository when it is not used by Maven?

What version of the plugin are you using? If it's a SNAPSHOT, you have to