Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Denis Kuzmenok <fo...@ukr.net> on 2011/05/27 13:01:39 UTC

Documents update

Hi.

I  have  and  indexed  database  which  is indexed few times a day and
contain  tinyint  flag  (like is_enabled, is_active, etc), and content
isn't changed too often, but flags are.
So  if i index via post.jar only flags then entire document is deleted
and there's only unique key and flags.
Is  there  any  way  to  index  certain columns, and not to change all
document?

Thanks

Re: Documents update

Posted by Alexey Serba <as...@gmail.com>.
> Will it be slow if there are 3-5 million key/value rows?
AFAIK it shouldn't affect search time significantly as Solr caches it
in memory after you reloading Solr core / issuing commit.

But obviously you need more memory and commit/reload will take more time.

Re: Documents update

Posted by Denis Kuzmenok <fo...@ukr.net>.

Re: Documents update

Posted by Denis Kuzmenok <fo...@ukr.net>.
Created  file,  reloaded  solr  -  externalfilefield  works fine, if i
change      change      external      files      and      do     "curl
http://127.0.0.1:4900/solr/site/update -H "Content-Type: text/xml" --data-binary '<commit />'"
then  no  thanges are made. If i start solr without external files and
then create them - they are not working..
What is wrong?

PS: Solr 3.2

Re: Documents update

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17

Re: Documents update

Posted by Denis Kuzmenok <fo...@ukr.net>.

Re: Documents update

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Documents update

Posted by Denis Kuzmenok <fo...@ukr.net>.

Re: Documents update

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
2011/5/27 Denis Kuzmenok <fo...@ukr.net>:
> Hi.
>
> I  have  and  indexed  database  which  is indexed few times a day and
> contain  tinyint  flag  (like is_enabled, is_active, etc), and content
> isn't changed too often, but flags are.
> So  if i index via post.jar only flags then entire document is deleted
> and there's only unique key and flags.
> Is  there  any  way  to  index  certain columns, and not to change all
> document?
[...]