Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/02/07 04:15:51 UTC

JSR 170 - Content Repository for Java technology API

Hi,

A JSR which aims at designing an API which would provide the feature set of
the Slide Java API (on the server side) has just been submitted to the JCP.

http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/170.jsp

At this point, it's impossible to tell how the JSR will turn out, or if
Slide will support it (that will need a vote from the Slide committers,
probably when the JSR reaches public draft status), but I think it's a very
interesting initiative.

Dirk, Juergen and myself are members of the EG (well, at least we will be
after the agreement forms are processed). It should be possible, and fully
justified, for other Slide committers to join the EG if they feel like it.
Please conatct the spec lead for more information (David Nuescheler).

Thanks,
Remy