Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2011/01/13 11:01:37 UTC

Plugins that require the execution of a phase

Hello!

Some maven plugins state that specific goals invoke the execution of a maven
lifecycle phase. Ex the maven-eclipse-plugin (goal eclipse) invokes the
generate-resources phase. If this goal is bound to the generate-resources
phase in my project, this means that the phase generate-resources, and all
phases leading up to it is invoked twice when running mvn compile. Is this a
bug/feature/necessity in maven? Can it be solved somehow so that plugins
only invoke the phase if it has not already been done?

Is this a general maven issue or a plugin specific issue? I have noticed
that some plugins, such as dependency, has two goals that do the same thing,
but one goal is meant to be executed by itself and the other one to be bound
in a pom-file. Is this the solution to that problem?

/Ludwig