Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Jagan Padmanabha Pillai -X (jpadmana - Insight Solutions, Inc. at Cisco)" <jp...@cisco.com> on 2006/04/26 05:17:31 UTC

Maven dependency

Hi,

I need to add the web sphere jars to the internal repository for
dependency.
As its not available in the maven repository, I may have to copy the jar
files in the internal rep in the required format of groupId, artifactId,
version.

But there are around 50-75 jar files which I need to add as
dependencies. Does anyone know whats the easy way to do it.
I tried to pack all these jars into one single jar and added as
dependency but it didn't work. Please let me know.

Thanks
-Jagan

Re: Maven dependency

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
First, I don't think you need to include all the WebSphere JEE
implementation jars. To compile, you can use open source containers
jars (geronimo for instance) which are already in the maven
repository. Then, when it's time to deploy, your make sure those jars
aren't bundled with your application by specifying "provided" as their
scope.

The fastest way to deploy commercials jar is to use deploy:deploy-file
to install them on your internal repository. It can be a lot of work
but you only have to do it one time and in my opinion it's worth it.

You could also use *system* dependencies but I am not a big fan of it.
Plus, from what I have red on Confluence, the system dependencies will
be deprecated in a future release so still in my opinion, you should
treat them as a quick fix at the moment.