Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Matthew <St...@london.virgin.net> on 2003/04/09 13:39:27 UTC

tomcat4-4.1.24 WARP connector

I am having a problem concerning the WarpConnector mapping a URL to a
particular context.  Tomcat 4.1.24 seems to ignore the URL mapping and
require the web application to physically reside at the URL indicated in the
apache config.

My httpd.conf has these lines:

WebAppConnection conn_http warp 172.16.2.41.9001
WebAppDeploy listingsFinder conn_http /listings/listingsFinder

My webapp directroy has the war file:

listingsFinder.war

Starting tomcat generates the error:

2003-04-09 11:23:29 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector]
Connection from /172.16.2.41:34608 to /172.16.2.41:9001
2003-04-09 11:23:29 StandardHost[spock.london.virgin.net]: Installing web
application at context path /listings/listingsFinder from URL
file:/homes/paulh/development/webapps/listingsFinder
2003-04-09 11:23:29
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Context path /listings/listingsFinder
must match the directory or WAR file name: listingsFinder
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.j
ava:284)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler.deploy(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler.handle(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(Unknown
Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

This error was not generated using tomcat 4.1.10.

Has anyone experienced this issue?
Is there an issue with support for WARP in the latest tomcat releases?

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this E-mail in error please notify the system manager.  This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this E-mail.

Logging control in Tomcat

Posted by Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com>.
Hi,
Same old question about logging.... I searched through the archive and found
many useful pointers but none to answer this.

I have Tomcat 4.1.18 (and Struts1.1b2) on Win2000 using JDK1.4. I want to
use log4J under commons-logging. I have commons-logging.jar and log4j.jar in
my WEB-INF/lib and commons-logging.properties and log4j.properties in
WEB-INF/classes.

The problem is that all the default messages of Tomcat/Struts start to
appear in my log file instead of catalina.out or the console. I read that I
shouldn't place log4j.jar in my WEB-INF/lib but without that commons-logging
does not initialize log4j correctly and picks up Jdk14Logger instead
(although the
o.a.c.l.LogFactory.getFactory().getAttribute("org.apache.commons.logging.Log
") shows correct class but it is not found). I have also tried to put
log4j.jar in tomcat's server/lib but no improvement. Has anyone implemented
under the same parameters?

2nd question, I want to programmatically configure the location of my log
file (via the app. admin interface on startup). But I think it is difficult
to do so when hiding the implementation behind common-logging. Also I want
the log-level and some other attribute configurable via the admin interface.
Any suggestions?

3rd question, how do I change the default log level (or for my app context)
in Tomcat? I tried setting it in struts-config.xml but did not make a
difference. Something in conf/server.xml i think?

Thanks a lot.

Affan