Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Mustafa Ali, Halgurt" <Mu...@docomolab-euro.com> on 2003/09/16 14:24:59 UTC

File existence

Hi,

I have an application and I need to check whether a file exists or not,
I am getting a request-parameter value and I want to create a file with
this value as a file name, but first I want to check if this file
already exists or not, can anybody help me? Is there any possibility to
check that in a style sheet?

Best thank,
 Halgurt

Re: File existence

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Mustafa Ali, Halgurt dijo:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application and I need to check whether a file exists or not,
> I am getting a request-parameter value and I want to create a file with
> this value as a file name, but first I want to check if this file
> already exists or not, can anybody help me? Is there any possibility to
> check that in a style sheet?

Hi:

A stylesheet is not the best place, but maybe this can helps you:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ResourceExistsSelector

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: File existence

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
Hi Mustafa,

Try the ResourceExistsAction
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/acting/ResourceExistsAction.html)

<map:act type="resource-exists">
     <map:parameter name="url" value="context://data/{request-param:ir}.xml"/>

     <!-- code if resource exists -->
</map:act>
<!-- code if resource doesn't exist -->

--
Olivier BILLARD

Re: File existence

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Antonio Gallardo dijo:
> Upayavira dijo:
>> You can use the 'file exists' action or you can probably do the check
>> in
>>  flowscript, with something like:
> Hi:
>
> Is this action being deprecated in favor of ResourceExistsSelector? See:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ResourceExistsSelector

Sorry, I mean the link is:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ResourceExistsAction

Antonio Gallardo

Re: File existence

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Upayavira dijo:

Re: File existence

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Mustafa Ali, Halgurt wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have an application and I need to check whether a file exists or
> not, I am getting a request-parameter value and I want to create a
> file with this value as a file name, but first I want to check if this
> file already exists or not, can anybody help me? Is there any
> possibility to check that in a style sheet?
>

> Best thank,
>
>  Halgurt

You can use the 'file exists' action or you can probably do the check in
flowscript, with something like:

var file = new java.io.File(filename);
if (file.exists()) {
}