Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Scott Wegner <sc...@apache.org> on 2019/02/14 18:36:57 UTC

Signing off

I wanted to let you all know that I've decided to pursue a new adventure in
my career, which will take me away from Apache Beam development.

It's been a fun and fulfilling journey. Apache Beam has been my first
significant experience working in open source. I'm inspired observing how
the community has come together to deliver something great.

Thanks for everything. If you're curious what's next: I'll be working on
Federated Learning at Google:
https://ai.googleblog.com/2017/04/federated-learning-collaborative.html

Take care,
Scott

Got feedback? tinyurl.com/swegner-feedback

Re: Signing off

Posted by Robin Qiu <ro...@google.com>.
Thanks Scott and good luck in your next adventure!

Best,
Robin

Re: Signing off

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.
Good luck Scott!

Re: Signing off

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Re: Signing off

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org>.

Re: Signing off

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Re: Signing off

Posted by Łukasz Gajowy <lg...@apache.org>.
Good luck!

Re: Signing off

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: Signing off

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Re: Signing off

Posted by Michael Luckey <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Re: Signing off

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: Signing off

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
Hi Scott,

Re: Signing off

Posted by Tim Robertson <ti...@gmail.com>.
What a shame for the project but best of luck for the future Scott.

Thanks for all your contributions - they have been significant!
Tim

Re: Signing off

Posted by Ruoyun Huang <ru...@google.com>.
We will miss you, Scott! Good luck and have fun with your new project!

--
Ruoyun  Huang