Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2006/07/24 06:20:45 UTC

log4j 1.3 alpha 9 release plan

Build Manager: Mark Womack and I have nearly identical build
systems.  I've used mine to verify that the last few releases have
been repeatable aside from a few timestamps in generated
documentation).  If Mark doesn't want to be release manager for this
release, I'd be willing to do it.

Actions to prepare for release:

1. Migrate log4j-concurrent from sandbox to trunk

Pending completion of the vote and barring any late vetoes, copy the
log4j-concurrent sandbox code into the log4j trunk and modify the
build.xml to create a log4j-concurrent.jar and tests/build.xml to run
the corresponding unit tests.

2. Review binary compatibility issues and knock off any of the
remaining issues that are fairly low hanging and low risk.

3. Post release candidate for review

4. Call for log4j-dev and PMC votes

Anything else?  Any comments?