Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Will Milspec <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/02 13:34:59 UTC

how to get TermVectorComponent using xml , vs. SOLR-949

Hi all,

This seems a basic question: what's the best way to get
TermVectorComponents. from the Solr XmL response?

SolrJ does not include TermVectorComponents in its api; the SOLR-949 patch
adds this ability, but after 2 years it's still not in the mainline. (And
doesn't patch cleanly to the current head 1.4).

I'm new to Solr and familiar with the SolrJ but not as the best means for
getting/parsing the raw xml.  (Typically I find the dtd and right code to
parse the dom using the dtd. In this case I've seen a few examples, but
nothing definiive)

Our team would rather use the "out of the box" solr rather than manually
apply patches and worry about consistency during upgrades...

Thanks in advance,

will

Re: how to get TermVectorComponent using xml , vs. SOLR-949

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
TVC is in Solr 1.4 onwards. It is configured in
example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml as 'tvrh'.
This is not a solr/url thing, so you have to say
solr/select?q=word&'qt=tvrh' and look at the bottom of the xml.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com