Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be> on 2004/07/28 10:38:44 UTC

Woody binding: save/load-form not triggered

I've got the following binding definition but the save-form and load-form
is never triggered (or is doesn't have any effect anyway):

      <bnd:value id="field1" path="field1/value">
       <bnd:on-update>
        <bnd:javascript id="field1" path="field1/value">
          <bnd:load-form>
                    var appValue = jxpathPointer.getValue();
                    if (appValue==""||appValue==null) appValue="0";
                    widget.setValue(appValue);
          </bnd:load-form>
          <bnd:save-form>
                    var formValue = widget.getValue();
                    if (formValue==""||formValue==null)
                        jxpathPointer.setValue("0");
                        else
                        jxpathPointer.setValue(appValue);
          </bnd:save-form>
        </bnd:javascript>
       </bnd:on-update>
      </bnd:value>

Any help is welcome!

Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt
SOFICO NV Belgium

Re: Woody binding: save/load-form not triggered

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 10:37, Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
> I've removed the value binding and just put a javascript-binding
> inside my repeater but still no action is triggered (only the other
> value bindings are logging). I've got other bindings where the
> javascript inside the value binding does work; like this one:
>
>   <bnd:value id="name" path="customername">
>        <bnd:on-update>
>               <bnd:javascript id="name" path="..">
>                 <bnd:load-form/>
>                 <bnd:save-form>
>                   var wsfield = jxpathContext.getPointer('country');
>                   wsfield.setValue("159");
>                 </bnd:save-form>
>               </bnd:javascript>
>        </bnd:on-update>
>   </bnd:value>
>
> But that only works for jxpath's not equal to the one of the value
> binding; so I cannot change the "customername" but only the "country".
>
> Is the javascript-binding recently added coz I'm working on a cvshead
> from 12/May ?

No, it's been there for a long time.

I recommend switching to CForms though (it's just some XML namespace and
java package names that need updating, see info on the wiki).

Re: Woody binding: save/load-form not triggered

Posted by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be>.
Consider this issue solved; apparently if value binding and javascript
binding is performed on the same formfield (or binding field) then a
subnode is made; so the result is:

<customername>
        <customername>...</customername>
</customername>

Regards,
Gunter

Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be>
29/07/2004 10:37
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
[...]

Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
29/07/2004 10:03

Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 10:38, Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
> I've got the following binding definition but the save-form and
> load-form is never triggered (or is doesn't have any effect anyway):
>
>       <bnd:value id="field1" path="field1/value">
>        <bnd:on-update>
>         <bnd:javascript id="field1" path="field1/value">
>           <bnd:load-form>
>                     var appValue = jxpathPointer.getValue();
>                     if (appValue==""||appValue==null) appValue="0";
>                     widget.setValue(appValue);
>           </bnd:load-form>
>           <bnd:save-form>
>                     var formValue = widget.getValue();
>                     if (formValue==""||formValue==null)
>                             jxpathPointer.setValue("0");
>                             else
>                             jxpathPointer.setValue(appValue);
>           </bnd:save-form>
>         </bnd:javascript>
>        </bnd:on-update>
>       </bnd:value>
>
> Any help is welcome!

Simply put the javascript binding outside of the value binding, you
don't need the value binding at all.

Re: Woody binding: save/load-form not triggered

Posted by Gunter D'Hondt <gu...@sofico.be>.

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.