Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jamesburn <Ja...@oup.com> on 2015/11/19 14:43:46 UTC

Camel Simple deal with line breaks

Hi

I'm trying to get the stdout of an exec command to be used in my header.

stdout is putting a linebreak on the end of the string I want to put into my
header and this is causing trouble later on (difficulty with regex and I'm
not sure what else).

I see Simple strips whitespace by default (trim="true"). How can I get it to
ditch any line-breaks?

Here's what I've got.

<to uri="exec:hackapartPDFtoGetDeliveryNo.sh">
<convertBodyTo type="String"/>
<setHeader headerName="DeliveryNoFromPDF">
	<simple>${body}</simple>
</setHeader>
<log message="DeliveryNoFromPDF is ${in.header.DeliveryNoFromPDF}"></log>

Any thoughts?

Re: Camel Simple deal with line breaks

Posted by jamesburn <Ja...@oup.com>.
Hi Yogesh

Thanks - yes, I guess I could use split. I was angling for a “Simple” based
solution, or doing something when I convert the body to String.

For now I’m stripping the trailing linebreak from the stdout in the shell
script.
I'll have to watch that in future.

Thanks

James

Re: Camel Simple deal with line breaks

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
How about using .split(body(String.class).tokenize("\n")) ??

Regards,
-Yogesh