Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "John C. Turnbull" <oz...@ozemail.com.au> on 2007/07/31 16:30:00 UTC

Strange exception during simple insert statement

I have been getting some spurious exceptions in a 10.2.2.0 embedded database
namely:

State = 40XL1, Message = A lock could not be obtained within the time
requested, Code = 3000

during a simple insert statement like

INSERT INTO TableA(id, name, createTime) VALUES (1, 'Name', CURRENT
TIMESTAMP)

where id is an int, name is a varchar and createTime is a timestamp.

It has only happened twice and the problems went away by themselves after
restarting the database three times but I am concerned that they will come
back.

Can anyone suggest why these might be happening and what to do about them?
The Derby reference manual doesn't shed any more light on this exception
unfortunately.

And loving it,

John C. Turnbull

Re: Strange exception during simple insert statement

Posted by Manjula Kutty <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

You can find some information regarding the locking issue here

http://db.apache.org/derby/faq.html#debug_lock_timeout

If you still have questions, please let me know

Thanks
Manjula

On 7/31/07, John C. Turnbull <oz...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>  I have been getting some spurious exceptions in a 10.2.2.0 embedded
> database namely:
>

> State = 40XL1, Message = A lock could not be obtained within the time
> requested, Code = 3000
>

> during a simple insert statement like
>

> INSERT INTO TableA(id, name, createTime) VALUES (1, 'Name', CURRENT
> TIMESTAMP)
>

> where id is an int, name is a varchar and createTime is a timestamp.
>

> It has only happened twice and the problems went away by themselves after
> restarting the database three times but I am concerned that they will come
> back.
>

> Can anyone suggest why these might be happening and what to do about
> them?  The Derby reference manual doesn't shed any more light on this
> exception unfortunately.
>

> And loving it,
>

> John C. Turnbull

Manjula.