Posted to user@spark.apache.org by lminer <lm...@hotmail.com> on 2016/11/18 19:31:28 UTC

Run spark with hadoop snapshot

I'm trying to figure out how to run spark with a snapshot of Hadoop 2.8 that
I built myself. I'm unclear on the configuration needed to get spark to work
with the snapshot.

I'm running spark on mesos. Per the spark documentation, I run spark-submit
as follows using the `spark-2.0.2-bin-without-hadoop`, but spark doesn't
appear to be finding hadoop 2.8.

    export SPARK_DIST_CLASSPATH=$(/path/to/hadoop2.8/bin/hadoop classpath)
    spark-submit --verbose --master mesos://$MASTER_HOST/mesos

I get the error:

org/apache/hadoop/fs/FSDataInputStream
    at
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmitArguments.handle(SparkSubmitArguments.scala:403)
    at
org.apache.spark.launcher.SparkSubmitOptionParser.parse(SparkSubmitOptionParser.java:163)
    at
org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmitArguments.<init>(SparkSubmitArguments.scala:98)
    at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:117)
    at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataInputStream
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
    ... 5 more

Any ideas on the proper configuration?

Re: Run spark with hadoop snapshot

Posted by Luke Miner <lm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! Should I do it from the spark build environment?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.