Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Steve Mactaggart <st...@whitesquaresoft.com> on 2012/01/25 00:42:31 UTC

Updated HTML Layout missing

Hi all,

It's been a while since I messaged this group, not sure if anyone is still
around from the old days.

I just had a question, I remember contributing an updated HTMLLayout to the
project years ago, that I'm sure got committed.  It added Pattern Layout
support to control the format of the resultant log file when in HTML mode.

I can't seem to find it in the current build, and was wondering if anyone
knows where it went?

I've been trying to find it, and can find emails from that time talking
about the contribution, even found a history file mentioning its inclusion
as of November 24th.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/PRE_UGLI_MOVE/docs/HISTORY.txt

I've just had a need to use it again, but can't seem to find it.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: Updated HTML Layout missing

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I believe you want https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/branches/BRANCH_1_3_ABANDONED/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/HTMLLayout.java. Thanks for pointing that out. I will give it a look and possibly include it in Log4j 2.

Ralph