Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Todd Faucheux <tf...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/14 21:07:13 UTC

Apache Phoenix Driver Configuring in latest version of Apache Superset.

Greetings.

Curious if anyone has any luck or knows the steps to add Apache Phoenix to Superset as a SQL Alchemy datasource.
So far I have tried installation of “pyPhoenix" Driver source obtained via https://github.com/Pirionfr/pyPhoenix <https://github.com/Pirionfr/pyPhoenix>

I can connect outside of superset using python sample code provided by that driver

I installed the driver into superset docker image in /opt/pyPhoenix and ran “python setup.py install” and the driver dependencies appeared to load fine.
However if I try to add a new URI in the Datasource page of superset of the form(s):

phoenix://<query_server_host>:8765/
pyphoenix://<query_server_host>:8765/

Both returns an error, stating that it does not know the phoenix dialect.
Can't load plugin: sqlalchemy.dialects:phoenix
Can't load plugin: sqlalchemy.dialects:pyphoenix

I assume the dialect is just phoenix, but I tried pyPhoenix as well.

Not sure if there are any config files, or other places that I need reference the driver/dialect.
I did not see any mention of that at: https://superset.incubator.apache.org/installation.html#database-dependencies <https://superset.incubator.apache.org/installation.html#database-dependencies>

Any ideas or experience with setting up other drivers is appreciated,
Information on Apache Phoenix:  https://phoenix.apache.org/ <https://phoenix.apache.org/>

Thanks,

Todd

Re: Apache Phoenix Driver Configuring in latest version of Apache Superset.

Posted by Todd Faucheux <tf...@gmail.com>.
Here is another useful link that got me started, see the syntax at the end.
https://pydigger.com/pypi/pyPhoenix <https://pydigger.com/pypi/pyPhoenix>

example::

    import sqlalchemy

    db = sqlalchemy.create_engine('phoenix://localhost:8765/')
    conn = db.connect()