Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Albuquerque <pm...@gmx.com> on 2020/02/16 06:49:22 UTC

Re[2]: Build instructions

Hi,

Sorry for a small change of topic, but speaking of new builds, I believe it
would be great if the 'building instructions' for SDF files were also made
available in a simple way to follow. Maybe included with the rest of the
process.

Like Pedro Lino said, we (me and him) are trying to test the updated
translations and it would be of great help if we knew how to create the SDFs.

Mechtilde, that page link you sent some time ago is exactly where I found the
gsicheck broken link, so it doesn't help much.

Patricia, I have a machine in those circumstances and, so far, the only thing
I did was the default cygwin installation. I'm very interested in following
your 'manual', should it be available.

Regards,
Pedro Albuquerque

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO#General_Build_Requirements

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Build_with_Cygwin_64-bit

Re[2]: Build instructions

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pm...@gmx.com>.
Hi again,

It seems I, somehow, may have 'ofended' (lacking a better word), someone(s). I
humbly apologize for that. It was not my intention at all.
Please believe, I'm also very grateful for all your work, Mechtilde's and all
others.

I will restrain my self from now on, since it seems I cannot express my self
correctly!

Many thanks,
Pedro Albuquerque

http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/translate-toolkit/en/latest/commands/oo2po.html?highlight=po2oo

https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Translation_from_4.2&action=edit&redlink=1

Re: Build instructions

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Re: Build instructions

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello Pedro

Am 16.02.20 um 07:49 schrieb Pedro Albuquerque:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for a small change of topic, but speaking of new builds, I believe it
> would be great if the 'building instructions' for SDF files were also made
> available in a simple way to follow. Maybe included with the rest of the
> process.

This is the recent page, where I start to document the recent process:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2

> Like Pedro Lino said, we (me and him) are trying to test the updated
> translations and it would be of great help if we knew how to create the SDFs.

In short you have to use po2oo from the translate-toolkit
http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/translate-toolkit/en/latest/commands/oo2po.html?highlight=po2oo
(part of some linux distributions)

to improve the documentation of the translation process help is
appreciated. We can discuss it at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Translation_from_4.2&action=edit&redlink=1

> Mechtilde, that page link you sent some time ago is exactly where I found the
> gsicheck broken link, so it doesn't help much.

The gsicheck is only available in the code of AOO. So you need a build
environment to run the gsicheck. The link I mentioned is only for the
help part with the possible options.

If someone can help to isolate the code of gsicheck to have a standalone
tool, help is appreciated.

> Patricia, I have a machine in those circumstances and, so far, the only thing
> I did was the default cygwin installation. I'm very interested in following
> your 'manual', should it be available.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro Albuquerque

Kind regards