Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sebastien X <cv...@noos.fr> on 2003/09/15 01:42:56 UTC

différents Analyzer for 2 fields

Hi,

I've an another question.

For indexing my documents I use this code :
writer = new IndexWriter(index, new StandardAnalyzer(), create);

I use 2 fields "content" and "title" but I would use différents Analyzer for this 2 fields (one who could use numerical and the other not, for example)
Is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance

Sébastien

Re: différents Analyzer for 2 fields

Posted by Sebastien X <cv...@noos.fr>.
>But, you can create a custom Analyzer that does the right logic on a
>per-field basis easily by just copying the code from the Analyzers you
>want to use in there.  The tokenStream method you override provides the
>field name as a parameter.

Ok, I will do that.
Thanks for your help.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Sunday, September 14, 2003, at 07:42  PM, Sebastien X wrote:
> For indexing my documents I use this code :
> writer = new IndexWriter(index, new StandardAnalyzer(), create);
>
> I use 2 fields "content" and "title" but I would use différents
> Analyzer for this 2 fields (one who could use numerical and the other
> not, for example)
> Is there a way to do this?

You can only use one Analyzer per document and all tokenized fields
will use that analyzer (an aside, you can change analyzers on a per
document basis also).

But, you can create a custom Analyzer that does the right logic on a
per-field basis easily by just copying the code from the Analyzers you
want to use in there.  The tokenStream method you override provides the
field name as a parameter.

	Erik

Re: diff�rents_Analyzer_for_2_fields

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
You can write a custom Analyzer that performs different actions on
different fields.  Check out the FAQ at jGuru for an example.

Otis

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com