Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by tcorbet <tc...@ix.netcom.com> on 2005/10/18 08:32:28 UTC

StopWords -- File Suffix

I thought that by using a StandardAnalyzer
with a StopWord list that is a merge of the
ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS and a handful
of additions that I have provided -- additions
which include the most common file
suffixes [.txt, .xml, .doc, etc.] -- ought
to eliminate any occurrence of those
terms in the resulting indexes.  However,
when I dump the index I see that the last
element of the file name concatenated with
a 'dot' and the suffix is what is being indexed.
So, I guess I did succeed in avoiding the
waste of indexing the suffix, but I am losing
the index of the final element of a file name
that includes embedded white space.

Please advise how to force the parser to
recognize and ignore the 'dot'.

Thank you.