Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lars Ohlén <la...@ohlen.se> on 2009/01/31 14:21:13 UTC

Java Code generated by wsdl2java gives a lot of warnings during compilation

Hi all,

The Java source code generated by wsdl2java gives a lot of warnings during
compilation.

(Mostly type problems with generics). We use java 1.5 as target, but the
code generated seems to generated to

be compatible with older versions.

I have seen some questions about this in the passed, with suggestions like
adding

annotations etc to ignore the warnings (and of course manually fixing all
the problems), Neither of the solutions are appealing.

But I saw something about changing templates, and something about a Maven
based generation tool.

Has anyone successfully used some of these?

Any suggestions or ideas appreciated

BR

Lars

RE: SV: Java Code generated by wsdl2java gives a lot of warnings during compilation

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Evening Lars-

You may not use generics on a pre5 JVM
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/language/generics.html

One possible solution would be to backport to 1.4 but I would advise not to do so..
Can you display the code so we can run it here???

Sverige Altid/
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

From: lars@ohlen.se
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: SV: Java Code generated by wsdl2java gives a lot of warnings during compilation
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 18:53:54 +0100

We are using Axis2

/Lars

wsdl2java gives a lot of warnings during compilation

Are you using Axis2 or
Axis1?

thanks,

Amila.

--

Amila Suriarachchi

WSO2 Inc.

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208

SV: Java Code generated by wsdl2java gives a lot of warnings during compilation

Posted by Lars Ohlén <la...@ohlen.se>.
We are using Axis2

/Lars

  _____

Re: Java Code generated by wsdl2java gives a lot of warnings during compilation

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
Are you using Axis2 or Axis1?

--
Amila Suriarachchi