Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/07/03 21:25:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc1)

Hello Mesos community,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 0.23.0.

0.23.0 includes the following:
- Per-container network isolation
- Upgraded minimum required compilers to GCC 4.8+ or clang 3.5+.
- Dockerized slaves will properly recover Docker containers upon failover.

as well as experimental support for:
- Fetcher Caching
- Revocable Resources
- SSL encryption
- Persistent Volumes
- Dynamic Reservations

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=0.23.0-rc1

The candidate for Mesos 0.23.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.23.0-rc1/mesos-0.23.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 0.23.0-rc1:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=0.23.0-rc1

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.23.0-rc1/mesos-0.23.0.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.23.0-rc1/mesos-0.23.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is up in Maven in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1056

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.23.0!

The vote is open until Fri July 10th, 12:00 PDT 2015 and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.23.0

-Adam-

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc1)

Posted by Sargun Dhillon <sa...@sargun.me>.
+1

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by 适兕 <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
独立之思想,自由之精神。
                        --陈寅恪

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc1)

Posted by Ian Downes <id...@twitter.com>.
-1
Failing tests:

Posted by CCAAT <cc...@tampabay.rr.com>.
{++1} Non binding.

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
> -1 (non-binding) Network isolator will not compile.

The changes for MESOS-2800
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2800> to "Rename
Option<T>::get(const T& _t) to getOrElse()" happened after the 0.23.0-rc1
cut and are not planned for cherry-picking into the release.
The Fix Version of MESOS-2800
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2800> is 0.24.0, so the
Affects Version of MESOS-3002
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3002> is really 0.24.0, and
hence its Target Version should also be 0.24.0.
Please let me know otherwise if you actually saw this build error when
building from the 0.23.0-rc1 tag.

Posted by Paul Brett <pb...@twitter.com>.

--
-- Paul Brett

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc1)

Posted by Alexander Rojas <al...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jörg Schad <jo...@mesosphere.io>.
After more testing:

Posted by Kapil Arya <ka...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, Linux 4.0.3 / gcc 4.8.3

Posted by Ben Whitehead <be...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Till Toenshoff <to...@me.com>.

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.
-1

Posted by Jörg Schad <jo...@mesosphere.io>.
P.S. to my prior +1

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
tested in CentOS 6.5
+1

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc1)

Posted by Jörg Schad <jo...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

Posted by Nikolaos Ballas neXus <ni...@nexusgroup.com>.
+1

Sent from my Samsung device

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc1)

Posted by Weitao <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Weitao <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

�����ҵ� iPhone

Posted by "Khanduja, Vaibhav" <va...@emc.com>.
+ 1

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse the typos and brevity of this message.

Posted by Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

Posted by Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>.
+1