Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Iryna Stetska <st...@lohika.lviv.ua> on 2006/01/10 17:45:27 UTC

Tobago bugs

Hi,

Our company is developing application using Tobago.
I'm sending you a list of bugs / enhancements we came across recently.
Please give some feedback.

1. t:forEach (bug)
Component does not work with Iterables.
It seems that it analyzes only one record.
For now we can only use t:sheet to iterate Collections, but it would
be better to have t:forEach functional. The disadvantages of using
t:sheet in this case are the following:
   - selecting rows and highlighing them with different color
   - impossibility to set auto height
   - vertical scrolls appearing
   - light background
   - components do not fit the whole width, leaving space on the right

2. t:sheet (enhancement)
There should be possibility to specify component auto height (analog
for "100%" in html).
This functionality is necessary to avoid scrollbars(when we have many
records) and ugly dark grey background(when we have not enough records
to fit the specified height). So we need the t:sheet component to
"autostretch" depending on the number of records.

3. t:tabGroup (bug)
Active tab status is not saved and is lost after page refresh.

4. t:image (bug)
Alt attribute is not functional. Setting this attribute has no effect
at all.

Thanks,
Ira

Re: Tobago bugs

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Iryna,

thank you for using tobago.

Which version of tobago you are using?

My comments inline

Iryna Stetska schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Our company is developing application using Tobago.
> I'm sending you a list of bugs / enhancements we came across recently.
> Please give some feedback.
>

> 1. t:forEach (bug)

forEach is deprecated it will be removed before a new release.

If you have a jsp 2.0 enabled container you can look at the foreach
example in tobago. Maybe this helps.

An other suggestion would be calculate the height of the enclosing panel
of the sheet in the application logic. But this depends on your page layout.

> Component does not work with Iterables.
> It seems that it analyzes only one record.
> For now we can only use t:sheet to iterate Collections, but it would
> be better to have t:forEach functional. The disadvantages of using
> t:sheet in this case are the following:
>    - selecting rows and highlighing them with different color
>    - impossibility to set auto height
>    - vertical scrolls appearing
>    - light background
>    - components do not fit the whole width, leaving space on the right
>
> 2. t:sheet (enhancement)
> There should be possibility to specify component auto height (analog
> for "100%" in html).
> This functionality is necessary to avoid scrollbars(when we have many
> records) and ugly dark grey background(when we have not enough records
> to fit the specified height). So we need the t:sheet component to
> "autostretch" depending on the number of records.

If you have enhancements for tobago please add an issue in the
bugtracking system. We have to think about your use case and maybe
change the component or offer a diffenent answer.

Do you are using the sheet inside a container which is layouted by a
layout-manager? Unless maybe a layout facet can solve your problems

My experience is do not show to many records to the user. The rendering
of the page takes to long. And the user must scroll to the last record
of the page.
Have you consider about paging?

Can you send me a working example of your jsp?

> 3. t:tabGroup (bug)
> Active tab status is not saved and is lost after page refresh.

Do you mean a page reload? This can't work with client-side tabGroup.
But we have detected a missing saveState and restoreState of the
tabGroup(server-side mode). This bug is fixed since last year.

Can you verify the fix or give me a more detail description of the bug.

> 4. t:image (bug)
> Alt attribute is not functional. Setting this attribute has no effect
> at all.

What you expect from the alt attribute?

> Thanks,
> Ira