Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com> on 2009/12/07 11:22:59 UTC

Web site / logo propsal

Hi all

With a bit of help from a graphic designer we have come up with this:
http://zapt.info/zaries.html as a proposal for the Aries web site and
logo. I'm aware of a small issue with the banner color on some screens
appearing to be slightly different from the logo background - I'm fixing
this.

If this is acceptable I will commit the changes (after I have fixed the
banner colours)  to the site style sheet and update the web site template.

Zoe

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Looks very nice to me!
+1

David

RE: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by "Tankov, Nikolai" <ni...@sap.com>.
Nice work!
+1

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.

I like the design!  +1.

I agree with some of the other comments on the content - particularly
that the source code and JIRA should be more prominent from the main
page.  However, the content and organization will evolve over time so
perhaps we don't need to tackle all of that right now.

Joe

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 Awesome!

-- dims

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
First off +1 to the design

I agree with making it easier to get to JIRA issues. Other Apache
Projects put a direct link under the "Development" heading. Not so
bothered about SVN though.

Alasdair

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Graham Charters <gc...@googlemail.com>.
+1 - looks great.

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
+1 nice work!

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by mark <mp...@gmail.com>.
+1 - great logo

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2009, at 10:26 AM, Donald Woods wrote:
>
>> Looks great!
>>
>> Can you attach the images to a JIRA issue, so the "contributed under ASL" can be tracked (especially if the person helping you does not have a CLA filed) and proper attribution included in the JIRA and svn comments for the other contributors?  Also, attaching the original image source (like PSD) to a JIRA or including in SVN would be great, so it can be edited/resized later if needed.
>
> Exactly my thought, as I was scanning the email thread. Thanks Donald.
>
> Looks great, Zoe.
>
> --kevan

The overall design, structure looks good... nice work...

Some comments:

   - You should have a disclaimer on the website, mentioning that you
are still under incubation at Apache (see bottom of [1] as an
example). This could probably be done by updating the confluence
export template to produce the disclaimer for every page.

   - Another thing is that you should probably have the Incubator
logo, instead of the Apache logo while you are under incubation.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/photark/

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Looks great!

Can you attach the images to a JIRA issue, so the "contributed under
ASL" can be tracked (especially if the person helping you does not have
a CLA filed) and proper attribution included in the JIRA and svn
comments for the other contributors?  Also, attaching the original image
source (like PSD) to a JIRA or including in SVN would be great, so it
can be edited/resized later if needed.

-Donald

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Excellent work, thx a lot!  +1 from me for this design.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.
Jeremy Hughes wrote:
> +1. Very nice!
>
> 2009/12/7 zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> With a bit of help from a graphic designer we have come up with this:
>> http://zapt.info/zaries.html as a proposal for the Aries web site and logo.
>> I'm aware of a small issue with the banner color on some screens appearing
>> to be slightly different from the logo background - I'm fixing this.
>>
>> If this is acceptable I will commit the changes (after I have fixed the
>> banner colours)  to the site style sheet and update the web site template.
>>
>> Zoe

Thank you all for the feedback. I have committed most of the changes for
the look and feel, although they appear to be showing up in random order
on the web site so it looks a little odd right now. I will work through
the detailed suggestions and mail again when I think I have implemented
all of them.

Zoe

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations to the designer and author of the logo

+1

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Apache Camel Group :
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
+1. Very nice!

RE: Web site / logo propsal

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by adam wojtuniak <ad...@gmail.com>.
Looks very nice.
Thanks.
+1.

Cheers,
Adam

Re: Web site / logo propsal

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:22 AM, zoe slattery
<zo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...With a bit of help from a graphic designer we have come up with this:
> http://zapt.info/zaries.html as a proposal for the Aries web site and logo....

+1, very nice!

I would suggest adding the text "a project of the Apache Software
Foundation" or just "The Apache Software Foundation" under the feather
top right. As is, the feather IMHO seems to be associated with
"License Site Map".

Also, it would be nice to add a link to the Apache Sponsorship
"thanks" page, http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html, and maybe
other sponsoring-related pages, like the "Sponsorship" links at
http://sling.apache.org - to help make people aware of sponsorship
opportunities.

-Bertrand

Re: Web site / logo propsal