Posted to user@stdcxx.apache.org by Craig Chariton <ch...@roguewave.com> on 2006/03/16 00:52:21 UTC

Library Build Problem for Windows

I am experiencing problems building the library on Windows.  Probably user
error, but could be a configuration problem.  Since we don't have
instructions yet for installing on Windows, I would appreciate a
step-by-step process from someone who has successfully built the library on
Windows XP starting from square one (files downloaded and ready for use).
Maybe we can work with this process to create a document for use much like
the instructions in the README file for UNIX.

Craig Chariton

Re: Library Build Problem for Windows

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Craig Chariton wrote:
> I am experiencing problems building the library on Windows.  Probably
> user
> error, but could be a configuration problem.

It might help to see the errors you're getting.

> Since we don't have
> instructions yet for installing on Windows, I would appreciate a
> step-by-step process from someone who has successfully built the library
> on
> Windows XP starting from square one (files downloaded and ready for
> use).

The steps that work for me are pretty simple (the generate.bat
script will print out usage help if invoked with the incorrect
or incomplete arguments):

In $TOPDIR (i.e., in the directory where you extracted the tarball),
enter at the VisualStudio command prompt the following:

     > .\generate.bat /CONFIG:VC71 /BUILDDIR:<build-dir>

Your environment needs to be set up to use the VisualStudio command
line tools. You also need to have the uuidgen.exe program in your
PATH.

That's about all I can tell you. If this doesn't work Anton should
be able to answer any followup questions you might have.

Martin