Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sergii Kabashniuk <sk...@codenvy.com> on 2015/09/19 17:31:15 UTC

SloppyMath license

Hello
Right now I'm working on approval to use lucene-core  in Eclipse projects.
One of the things that worry Eclipse "Intellectual property team" is that
SloppyMath.java
class has unusual license. I mean may be it fits Apache 2 license
requirements, but potentially it can be a source of licensing problems. For
instance lucene-core 5.2.1 is approved to use in Eclipse projects but
 without this class. So we need to repackage lucene-core and remove
SloppyMath from it.

My question is it possible to move this class out from lucene-core? I found
that lucene-spatial3d (correct me if I'm wrong) can be close by spirit to
this module.

Sergii Kabashniuk

Re: SloppyMath license

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
call it public domain, call it attribution-only, whatever you like.

there is nothing incompatible with Apache 2, fdlibm was also used by
apache harmony for its math code.

Re: SloppyMath license

Posted by Earl Hood <ea...@gmail.com>.

Re: SloppyMath license

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
There is nothing unusual about public domain code. If your lawyers do
not understand that, tell them to go back to school.