Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Paula Young <py...@invertix.com> on 2001/07/27 18:02:21 UTC

RE: XML error while invoking a service - how to flush tcptunnel to client?

In regards to :  "Tripple check your client and TcpTunnel setup.  I've seen
problems with
TcpTunnel not flushing output to a waiting client"

... I have that exact problem!  My SOAP client gets hung in call.invoke()
even though I see the normal req/resp msgs in the tcp tunnel gui...  How do
I get or configure TCPTunnelGui to flush the response on the line, so that
my SOAP client can get returned from call.invoke() ???

Anyone know?
Paula Young

Posted by Jim Hazen <ji...@myplay.com>.
This has been attributed to a bug in glibc shipped with most Redhat systems.  I
think there an updated package somewhere on Redhat's site (either in updates or
some other experimental location), that has been reported to fix this problem.
I've also found that if I have a SOAP call blocking on TcpTunnel and I kill
TcpTunnel (click the X on the window), that before it dies it flushes it's
buffers.  For me this is only a minor annoyance since all I'm really interested
in are those two messages (client <--> server).  I can then kill my SOAP client
process and continue with bug fixes.

I haven't had the need to use TcpTunnel since the Blackdown 1.3.1 VM came out,
but I'd try using that VM and upgrading to the latest glibc package to try and
fix this bug.

-Jim

Posted by Jim Hazen <ji...@myplay.com>.