Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/07/21 18:14:21 UTC

Config in DiT

Hi guys,

I have finished to define the schema we need to use for storing the
whole configuration in DiT. It's available here :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx20/Configuration+Schema

The only remaining part I have to define is the Replication, but until
this configuration is available, it's not urgent.

Right now, the base idea is to store the configuration on disk as LDIF
files, each entry being stored as a ldif file. For that, we need to
finish the Ldif Partition Alex has worked on last spring, then modify
the server bootstrap, and to write a server.xml -> ldif converter. All
those steps are necessary, and are not really complex, but can take time.

In the mean time, I think we need to release a 1.5.5, as we have done
some major modification in the server since 1.5.4, which has been
released 9 months ago (heh!)

I will check the bug list to see if there are some urgent ones.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org