Posted to users@camel.apache.org by anucekay <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/13 00:10:41 UTC

Consistenty Hashing Support

Hai

 I am trying to get some inputs on how best to implement the following:

 - Let us say we have a service that is implemented by a set of servers. The
service
   basically provides leaderboard. They expose SOAP interface.

 - Request for a particular leaderboard should ALWAYS go to the same server.
   If there was a failure in reaching that server, it can be sent to another
server
   and subsequent requests for the leaderboard need to go the new server

Kind of sticky loadblancing with a failover capabilities.

In otherwords, given a set of servers and a key, i need a "consistent
hashing" implemented
to talk to a set of servers.

1. Should i just do all of this logic myself? or
2. Are there classes that i can take as a base and extend to support my
use-case?

Any pointers/inputs greatly appreciated.

Anu

Re: Consistenty Hashing Support

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can implement a custom load balancer with Camel. You may peek in
the source of some of the existing to reuse parts, such as the sticky,
and failover.
http://camel.apache.org/load-balancer.html

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 12:10 AM, anucekay <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hai
>
>  I am trying to get some inputs on how best to implement the following:
>
>  - Let us say we have a service that is implemented by a set of servers. The
> service
>   basically provides leaderboard. They expose SOAP interface.
>
>  - Request for a particular leaderboard should ALWAYS go to the same server.
>   If there was a failure in reaching that server, it can be sent to another
> server
>   and subsequent requests for the leaderboard need to go the new server
>
> Kind of sticky loadblancing with a failover capabilities.
>
> In otherwords, given a set of servers and a key, i need a "consistent
> hashing" implemented
> to talk to a set of servers.
>
> 1. Should i just do all of this logic myself? or
> 2. Are there classes that i can take as a base and extend to support my
> use-case?
>
> Any pointers/inputs greatly appreciated.
>
> Anu

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com