Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2003/03/27 15:29:09 UTC

Tomcat or Jakarta-Tomcat ? Cracked mirrors?

Just noticed that the Tomcat files on the Apache Website are all called
jakarta-tomcat-xxx, whereas the files on the mirrors I've tried are all
named tomcat-xxx.

This is a bit confusing, especially if one is trying to check the PGP keys
by downloading the ASC files from the main server and the binary or source
files from the mirrors.

Aren't the mirrors supposed to use the same file names?
[Yes, the ASC files are also renamed, but one shouldn't really use the
mirrored ASC files.]

==

Aside: it would be nice if there were MD5 checksums as well...

--
The opinions expressed herein are my own, and are not necessarily endorsed
by my employer ...

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.