Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by "Barre, Richard" <ri...@capgemini.com> on 2007/07/16 14:26:24 UTC

Inopportune stop on ServiceMix

Hi,

In on of our environment we have an inopportune stop of our Apache
serviceMix. Does anyone had encountered this problem and resolved it?

We

Thanks

Richard BARRE

+336.71.13.17.36

Re: Inopportune stop on ServiceMix

Posted by sdelbosc <sy...@capgemini.com>.
Hi,

You seems to be right as we found in our customer's logs the following trace
:

08:26:43,639 | ERROR | ActiveMQ ShutdownHook | MulticastDiscoveryAgent  |
ticast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent  317 | Failed to advertise our service:
default.ActiveMQ-4.dead.%localhost%tcp://simaqeas224.mairie.toulouse.intra:61616
java.io.IOException: Network is unreachable
	at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(Native Method)
	at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(DatagramSocket.java:612)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.doAdvertizeSelf(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:311)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent.stop(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:240)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceStopper.stop(ServiceStopper.java:42)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.stop(TransportConnector.java:238)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceStopper.stop(ServiceStopper.java:42)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.stopAllConnectors(BrokerService.java:493)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.stop(BrokerService.java:436)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.containerShutdown(BrokerService.java:1391)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService$3.run(BrokerService.java:1368)

just before a stop of SM.

We are trying to replay this error in our own environnement. To do so, we
start SM and shutdown its network interface.
The problem here is that SM does not stop. It means "ps -ef | grep
servicemix" answers as usual.

Does anyone have an idea on this topic ?
Is there a timeout before SM stops (how to configure it) ?
Is there another condition for SM to effectively stop ?

Thanks.

Posted by Abdeslam El Abbassi <ab...@thalesgroup.com>.
Hi,