Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ian Black <ib...@pacemetrics.com> on 2004/05/25 15:51:37 UTC

Unit Test naming conventions & test:test

Is the POM the only place where unit test names are referred to...

So if I have this...

<unitTest>
      <resources>
        <resource>
          <directory>src/test</directory>
          <includes>
            <include>**/*.properties</include>
            <include>**/*.xml</include>
            <include>**/*.xsd</include>
          </includes>
        </resource>
      </resources>

      <includes>
        <include>**/Test*.java</include>
        <include>**/*Bug.*</include>
      </includes>

    </unitTest>

...then logically my Unit Tests should be prefixed with 'Test'.

The problem is they're not being picked up when I run test:test.
I have another project where the above naming convention does work and I
can't see where else the filenames are referred to.

I'm sure it's obvious...but anyone know?

Thanks.
---

RE: Unit Test naming conventions & test:test

Posted by Chuck Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Have you set unitTestSourceDirectory?

You must have this:

<build>
  <unitTestSourceDirectory>src/test</unitTestSourceDirectory>
  <unitTest>
  </unitTest>
</build>

Of course, replace src/test if this is not actually where you keep your test
sources.