Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dirk Markert <di...@dr-markert.de> on 2003/07/16 16:55:41 UTC

Re[10]: Question about the form tag

Hello Nadja,

NS> Hello Dirk,

>> something like:

NS> But then I would still have to be looking for "f2a" in the request, won't
NS> I? And that I could do that would mean that I'd know already which form
NS> should've been submitted and/or which forms or how many existed on page at
NS> all.

NS> This is what my forms look like at the moment (just with more and different
NS> data for each object...):

I set up a test jsp like above and I get values from form 2, if I
click any button of form 2 (and vice versa). I guess either your
struts-config or your action form is not correct.

NS> That allows me to look for "fa" in the request to find out whether it has
NS> been set/pressed or not.

NS> Greetings,
NS> Nadja

NS> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
NS> Nadja  Senoucci
NS> Universitaet Hamburg
NS> Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie
NS> Service-Gruppe EDV
NS> Falkenried 94
NS> 20251 Hamburg
NS> Germany
NS> Tel.:040 - 428 - 03 - 6619
NS> Fax.:040 - 428 - 03 - 6621

Dirk

+------- Quality leads ---------------------------------------+
| Dirk Markert                     dirk.markert@dr-markert.de |
| Dr. Markert Softwaretechnik AG                              |
| Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 20                               |
| 44227 Dortmund                                              |

Re: Re[10]: Question about the form tag

Posted by Nadja Senoucci <Na...@zmnh.uni-hamburg.de>.
Hello Dirk,

>I set up a test jsp like above and I get values from form 2, if I
>click any button of form 2 (and vice versa). I guess either your
>struts-config or your action form is not correct.

Hmm... I guess, I will have to look into this some more tomorrow then. This
is really odd, because the form works fine if I only display one form and I
have logging information that tells me I do get the ID of the first object
even though in my second form the hidden field is correctly filled with the
ID of the second object... I assume, this will bug me for a while... <sighs>

Thanks for all your help.