Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2005/06/07 20:22:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: r188837 - /httpd/httpd/branches/fips-dev/srclib/apr

--On Tuesday, June 7, 2005 6:16 PM +0000 wrowe@apache.org wrote:

> Author: wrowe
> Date: Tue Jun  7 11:16:12 2005
> New Revision: 188837

> Log:
> Sandbox of apr/trunk/ for fips integration. Here may lurk fips issues
> (MD5 etc)
>
> Added:
>     httpd/httpd/branches/fips-dev/srclib/apr/
>       - copied from r188836, apr/apr/trunk/

I realize we *can* do this.  However, I'm iffy on cross-project branches
like this.  -- justin

Re: svn commit: r188837 - /httpd/httpd/branches/fips-dev/srclib/apr

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 01:22 PM 6/7/2005, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>--On Tuesday, June 7, 2005 6:16 PM +0000 wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>
>>Sandbox of apr/trunk/ for fips integration. Here may lurk fips issues
>>(MD5 etc)
>>
>>Added:
>>    httpd/httpd/branches/fips-dev/srclib/apr/
>>      - copied from r188836, apr/apr/trunk/
>
>I realize we *can* do this.  However, I'm iffy on cross-project branches like this.  -- justin

As they sit in the same database, and revision history is entirely
preserved, I don't see how this is an issue...

...but any changes that become necessary to apr, perhaps through
some apr_fips_enforce() function or configure --enforce-fips for
APR would have to go through that project for approval.

Bill [who wonders why CIA spams the #apr channel with httpd commits :-]

Re: svn commit: r188837 - /httpd/httpd/branches/fips-dev/srclib/apr

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.