Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by mpanhuijsen <Ma...@SDLTRIDION.COM> on 2008/03/26 12:37:43 UTC

Italic font not working in fop 0.94

Hello all,

I want to generate a PDF displaying the Verdana font. That is going well,
except for the bold and italic variants of the font. Can you help out?

1. The .fo I'm using as a source is correct. I know this because if I remove
the Verdana font references from my fopconfig.xml file, it does generate,
say, italic text where I want it to.
2. AFAIK I've created proper .xml files and refer to the right location from
my fopconfig.xml file. I know this because I do see the normal Verdana font.
3. Here's the config fragment I added:

All the .ttf and .xml files are where they should be, but only regular
Verdana appears.

Thanks in advance,

Mathijs
SDL Tridion

Re: Italic font not working in fop 0.94

Posted by mpanhuijsen <Ma...@SDLTRIDION.COM>.
Actually, the question you refer to is not the same. Contrary to that user, I
did in fact register the various font variants as well.

However, I fixed the problem: as of FOP 0.94, you can simply use a
&lt;directory&gt; element to refer to a directory with .TTF files in it (as
in c:\windows\fonts\). You can also use the empty &lt;auto-detect&gt;
element so that FOP autodetects all system fonts.

I did both, removed the stuff I had inserted before, and suddenly bold and
italic variants showed up automatically.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
The same question has been asked only recently. See here:
http://markmail.org/message/da7jo7g2wjlnvuzh

On 26.03.2008 12:37:43 mpanhuijsen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to generate a PDF displaying the Verdana font. That is going well,
> except for the bold and italic variants of the font. Can you help out?
>
> 1. The .fo I'm using as a source is correct. I know this because if I remove
> the Verdana font references from my fopconfig.xml file, it does generate,
> say, italic text where I want it to.
> 2. AFAIK I've created proper .xml files and refer to the right location from
> my fopconfig.xml file. I know this because I do see the normal Verdana font.
> 3. Here's the config fragment I added:

> All the .ttf and .xml files are where they should be, but only regular
> Verdana appears.
>
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mathijs
> SDL Tridion

Jeremias Maerki