Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca> on 2001/08/12 16:52:44 UTC

FOP 0.20.0 Release now available

What it says. :-) I will be announcing it in various spots over the next day
or two.

I'd be particularly gratified if Windows people would put the thing through
its paces, and let me know if there are any problems. Thanks.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom
--
Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)

Re: embedded font problem (was: Re: FOP 0.20.0 Release now available)

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 09:59 AM 8/13/01 +0200, Keiron Liddle wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 03:27:37 Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>> Confirmed, on all counts:
>>
>> 1) NPE running your 'dsrb2' example, something to do with the lazy font
>> code
>> it looks like;
>> 2) 500 K file for 17 pages with your 'emp' example. I'm not familiar with
>>
>> fonts, so someone else is going to want to examine this;
>> 3) problems with some letters in 'emp'.
>>
>> We advertise font support prominently on the website; I'm not going to
>> announce FOP-0.20.0 until we have some resolution on this.
>
>Okay, this should be fixed now.
>The problem was due to the fonts being added to the reasources after each
>page. It is now added at the end, in stopRenderer.
>This also caused the npe that you were experiencing (I'm not sure how,
>something to do with setting characters as used)
>
>I'm not sure about the problem letters, I couldn't get the font file. Maybe
>someone else can check if this is still a problem.

OK, great. I will create another distro, retire 0.20.0, and put up 0.20.1,
this evening.

(build.xml will also reflect Chetan Vig's proposed changes).

Regards,
Arved

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.